So, tonight is the first rehearsal with my new choir and tomorrow my son auditions for another new choir. Mine is with Saskatoon Chamber Singers and as I write this part I am sitting on the steps at the entrance to Knox United Church where we rehearse. Fortunately it is nice out for me to be able to sit and blog. Liam auditions for the U of A Madrigal Singers, he is just a “returning singer” with UAMC. Lots of singing going on, but sadly none of that will be with the Richard Eaton Singers.
Anyway got to go the door was just unlocked by our music director. TTFN!
First things first. Get the chairs up from the basement. Then find the water then set up the chairs and kibitz. Pay my membership and wait until we are ready to start. We are asked to be quiet and listen as we are given our numbers for music, I am number 23. Numbers in heads we traipse down to the kitchen to pick up our music with more kibitzing. You know how were holidays, what are your kids/grandkids, etc. doing. A fairly jovial bunch of folks.
Then we go through the music that is in our folders and James ensures we all have the right pieces and gives us the breakdown of which concert they will be for:
November 11, 2015:
- Re-member Us – Leslie Uyeda;
- Set Me As A Seal – Robert Nance;
- And The Mother Did Weep – Karl Jenkins;
- In Flanders Fields – Karl Jenkins;
- Evening Prayer – Oka Gjeilo;
- All Suddenly The Wind – Allan Bevin;
- The Epitaph – Joseph M. Martin; and
- Requiem For The Living – Dan Forrest.
December 13, 2015:
- Christmas Cantata – Daniel Pinkham;
- Christmas Cantata – Geoffrey Bush; and
- A Ceremony of Carols – Benjamin Britten.
Then we worked on many of the pieces and around 2130 we all went home.